November 20, 2020
As a result of the new directives of Dr Bonnie Henry, the Provincial Health Officer, we are still able to remain open as long as we follow the guidlines set out by WorkSafeBC in conjunction with the BC Collage of Physical Therapists.
The details are set out on our homepage and include the manditory wearing of masks while in the clinic and limiting the number of people in the clinic at one time to a minimum.
April 12, 2020
Due to the current Covid-19 outbreak and in compliance with the recommendations of the provincial health officer and the Collage of Pysical Therapists we have had to close our doors to in house in person treatment. This decision was not made lightly and in order to continue to take care of your physiotherapy needs, Sidney Physio will be launching its TeleHealth practice the week of April 13. Appointments may be made online at by clicking on the link on the homepage or by calling the clinic at (250)656-5525 (leave a message) or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
March 13, 2020
At Sidney Physiotherapy, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Sidney Physiotherapy include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations and hand sanitizer
Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly and frequently.
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have travelled by air in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Requiring all clients to wash their hands before and after treatment
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Sidney Physiotherapy, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled outside the country in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled outside the country in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At Sidney Physiotherapy, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team @ Sidney Physiotherapy